Thursday, April 19, 2018

"Q"UIDDITCH!!!

Fantasy! Charms! Surrealism!

I’m sure each one of us has some fantasies and would want to be a part of a utopian and a magical world. Per my sporty opinion, a wizardry game would be in the bucket list of not only sports-persons but fitness enthusiasts as well.

The magical stories full of enchantments and spells always amazed me hence, it didn’t take me even a second to fall for the Harry Potter Series! It feels as if the series and I have grown together since its inception in 2001.

Being an avid fitness enthusiast and a believer, I love Quidditch. The zeal of the players to score a point, the high energy of sportsmen, the shining hoops and balls and of course, the brooms taking a leap of faith (not literally) across the pitch… err… the sky always confounds me. The fervour and grandiose associated with it made it a favourite amongst both kids and adults.

As the rules go by in J.K.Rowling’s world of wonders:

There are seven players on each team (three Chasers, one Keeper, two Beaters and one Seeker), four balls (one Quaffle, two Bludgers and one Snitch), three hoops (but one can only score the Quaffle in them), ten points per goal, and 150 points if one catches the Snitch, which also ends the game. Needless to mention, it’s all played on broomsticks.

Courtesy : Google Images
I felt that this is a wizardry game only to be seen in print. But came across an information that in 2005 The International Quidditch Association came into existence which serves as the central governing body for Quidditch worldwide and helps to coordinate with national associations around the world, the first one being held in 2007. I felt ecstatic. What about you?

Though the muggle game managed by IQA is governed by gravity, the rest of the rules almost remain the same. Even the players ride on brooms and the Snitch earns a maximum of 30 points and the win.

I only have to plan and watch the game in real. Are you game?

With this note, I rest my itchy fingers in the hope of trying my broom for a different role or see a similar league in India.

This is the 17th post in the series #AtoZChallenge.

This post is also for #BlogchatterA2Z ------> 'Q'.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious, too. It would be interesting to see a muggles Quidditch game. I wonder what they do for the Snitch.

    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely interesting. As I read, the Snitch is placed at the bottom of a yellow long pouch that is attached to the back of the snitch runner's shorts like a tail. The snitch runner may do everything in their power to protect the snitch from being caught by seekers. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!! :)

"FREE" FOR FREE!!!

“Watch this content for free! Lettuce free on the purchase of fresh vegetables and groceries. Pay 20% less and get some medicines fre...